When people ask me for other resources they can read on Catholic faitht, this is my current list.
- Evangelical Exodus by Douglas Beaumont (Ed.) et al.
- Return to Rome: Confessions of an Evangelical Catholic by Francis J. Beckwith
- Journeys of Faith: Evangelicalism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Catholicism, and Anglicanism by Francis J. Beckwith, Christopher A. Castaldo, Lyle W. Dorsett, and Wilbur Ellsworth
- Born Fundamentalist: Born Again Catholic by David Currie
- Rome Sweet Home: Our Journey to Catholicism by Scott and Kimberly Hahn
- Evangelical Is Not Enough by Thomas Howard
- Apologia pro Vita Sua by John Henry Newman
- By What Authority?: An Evangelical Discovers Catholic Tradition by Mark Shea
- How to Go from Being a Good Evangelical to a Committed Catholic in Ninety-Five Difficult Steps by Christian Smith
- The Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Summa Theologiae and Summa Contra Gentiles by Saint Thomas Aquinas
- The Faith of Our Fathers by James Gibbons
- Fides et Ratio by Saint John Paul II
- Why Do Catholics Do That? by Kevin Orlin Johnson
- Rosary: Mysteries, Meditations, and the Telling of the Beads by Kevin Orlin Johnson
- Catholicism and Fundamentalism by Karl Keating
- Catholic Christianity by Peter Kreeft
- Any Friend of God’s Is a Friend of Mine by Patrick Madrid
- Understanding Fundamentalism and Evangelicalism by George M. Marsden
- An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine by John Henry Newman
- Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist: Unlocking the Secrets of the Last Supper by Brant Pitre
- The Spirit of the Liturgy by Joseph Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XVI)
- The Protestant’s Dilemma by Devin Rose
- Navigating the Tiber by Devin Rose
- The Catholic Controversy by Saint Francis de Sales
- Magisterium: Teaching Authority in the Catholic Church by Francis Sullivan
- Not by Faith Alone: A Biblical Study of the Catholic Doctrine of Justification edited by Robert A. Sungenis
- Not by Scripture Alone: A Catholic Critique of the Protestant Doctrine of Sola Scriptura edited by Robert A. Sungenis
Evangelical / Protestant Resources
- A High View of Scripture?: The Authority of the Bible and the Formation of the New Testament Canon by Craig D. Allert
- The Spirit and Forms of Protestantism by Louis Bouyer
- Roman Catholics and Evangelicals: Agreements and Differences by Norman L. Geisler and Ralph E. MacKenzie
- Is Rome the True Church?: A Consideration of the Roman Catholic Claim by Norman L. Geisler and Joshua M. Betancourt
- The Shape of Sola Scriptura by Keith A. Mathison
- Reasoning from the Scriptures with Catholics by Ron Rhodes
- The Bible Made Impossible: Why Biblicism Is Not a Truly Evangelical Reading of Scripture by Christian Smith
- Are We Together?: A Protestant Analyzes Roman Catholicism by R. C . Sproul
- The Roman Catholic Controversy by James R. White
- Evangelicals and Tradition: The Formative Influence of the Early Church by D. H. Williams
GENERAL CATHOLIC WEBSITES
o http://w2.vatican.va/content/vatican/en.html – Official Vatican website in English, has lots of official documents.
o http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm – The Catholic Catechism is in a couple different places online, but this one is indexed, searchable, and easier to read than the others.
o http://www.newadvent.org/ – This has a lot of good articles but the main thing I use it for is the Catholic Encyclopedia, Thomas Aquinas’s Summa Theologica, the writings of the Church Fathers, and a Church document library.
o http://www.churchfathers.org/ – This is a website full of quotes from the Church Fathers on various topics.
o http://www.catholic.com/ – This is Catholic Answers – it’s a one-stop-shop for questions about the faith.
o https://www.lighthousecatholicmedia.org/symbolon – Symbolon is a video-based theology series that is very good. (Register using your personal email and parish access code).
o http://www.calledtocommunion.com/ – This is an extremely detailed blog for Catholics that focuses on Protestant theological issues.
o http://www.strangenotions.com/ – A Catholic defense of the Faith – mostly dealing with Atheism
INDIVIDUAL CATHOLIC WRITERS
o http://www.dhspriory.org/thomas/ – The rest of Aquinas’s works in English.
o http://www.thesumma.info/index.php – This is a commentary on the Summa by Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange.
o http://shamelesspopery.com/ – Joe Heschmeyer is one of my favorite bloggers –he is solid and writes on very interesting subjects with clarity.
o http://www.wordonfire.org/ – Robert Baron’s website.
o http://heroicvirtuecreations.com/ – Devin Rose’s website – many Protestant-Catholic articles.